My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, June 19, 2015

Calypso Tap Tap Tap

 
Doesn't it figure that it'd rain since I watered my plants outside yesterday evening? It's a cooler morning, which I enjoy. I've been stamping cards upstairs in my loft, which gets pretty toasty when we have weather in the 70s and 80s. Morning hours are best!
 
This is the kind of card you could use for many occasions, and is one from my most recent 20-card class.

 
I started with a Calypso Coral card and added a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock. The images were stamped in black and Calypso Coral ink, then I added a few rhinestones for bling. The ribbon is retired. I have three big containers of ribbon that I'm going to clip away at for future classes. I CASE'd the design from Tara Bourgoin at cantstamptherain.blogspot.com, though her card was another color and with a vertical layout.
 
 
I've spent time the past couple of days picking salmonberries. It's the first year doing so. As you can see, they come in a variety of colors - sometimes on the same bush! They resemble a raspberry, but don't taste the same.

 
I only picked a cup of salmonberries the first day, so I added a few cups of raspberries to make jam. It's delicious! I made tags for the small jars, which will be gifts for friends and family. Then the other day, I picked more berries. I got enough that I only added a cup of raspberries. Equally delish! I guess I'll pick salmonberries more frequently. It's no wonder bears love 'em.

No comments: