My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Have a sweet day filled with love

 
I hope you're enjoying Valentine's Day! I am. I started by visiting the local middle school with 85 of these treats to show the staff appreciation.
 
 
The most time-consuming part was pushing 10 ice cream-flavored candy hearts into the skinny cello bags. I used the Full Heart and Word Window punches with the valentine sentiment from Teeny, Tiny Wishes. I had to add a rhinestone for a little bling too. I made enough extra that I've been giving them out today as random acts of kindness (raks). I gave one to our mail carrier, the front office people at an eye clinic, the bank teller, and the cook at my Lions Club meeting. I've got a couple left to give to our host and server tonight because my hubby is taking me out to dinner! Whoo hoo!!!
 
 
My son's birthday was yesterday. Have I mentioned he's the best kid ever? He's smart and funny, thoughtful and kind. He didn't want anything for his birthday, including a party or any friends over. He just wanted his family. I thought it'd be fun to blow up some balloons to stick up around the house. I used a skewer to roll up some bills and put one each in 14 balloons. He first had to choose 14 balloons from the many I'd hung up, then use the skewer to pop them to get the money inside. It was fun and different! We laughed about it and had a great time last night. My son said he'll give me the money to put in his savings account. I love this kid!
 
Well, I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day! The kids will be home from school soon, so I have their valentines and chocolates ready for them.
 
If you'd like to purchase the supplies used to make these treats, here's a list:
Stamps: Teeny, Tiny Wishes (item 127802, $26.95);
Ink: Basic Gray pad (item 126981, $5.95);
Paper: Riding Hood Red (item 111348, $6.95) and Whisper White (item 100730, $8.50) card stocks;
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals (item 104430, $3.95), Word Window punch (item 119857, $15.95), Full Heart punch (item 119883, $16.95), basic rhinestone jewels (item 119246, $4.95), 1" x 8" cello bags (item 124134, $2.50 for 50).
 
You may order anytime, day or night, thru my SU! website at http://TheRubberRoom.stampinup.net. Thanks!
 
 

No comments: