My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Doodling a little love on chalkboard valentine for sketch challenge

 
Here's a taste of the chalkboard technique with a valentine, with a doodle!
 
 
For the chalkboard technique, I started with Basic Black card stock, stamped hearts from Hearts a Flutter in the Whisper White craft pad, covered them with white embossing powder, and heated it with my heat tool to emboss. I then used a white watercolor pencil and ruler to make the lines around the hearts, doodling the arrow through one (who hasn't done that?). Finally, I used a sponge dauber in the white pad to add faux chalk dust to my "chalkboard." That makes it more real, doesn't it?
 
Like yesterday, I used a sketch - this time over at RetroSketches:
 
 
There's still 1-1/2 days to participate! You can see how literal I was with the sketch, using hearts where the sketch shows hearts. I used the Fancy Fan folder on my Pretty in Pink card front, and a sentiment from the Sale-a-Bration stamp set Vintage Verses, punching a 1-1/4" circle of Raspberry Ripple to highlight the word "only" behind the banner.

No comments: