My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friends provide many more than just one Happy Hour

 
When I first saw the Happy Hour stamp set in the annual catalog, I remember thinking to my self, "Self, that is so cute! I love that little umbrella, the straws, and tiny fruit pieces."
 
 
Though I am grateful every day, now that we're officially in the month of Thanksgiving, my family is taking every day this month to verbalize what we are thankful for. Yesterday, it was simply for family. Today, it's for friends. I made this card for my friend, Jules. I love the colors, the embossing and bling, and the banner. After making Halloween cards for weeks, I had fun changing up the color palette.
 
I spent a few hours at my studio yesterday with Isabelle (my dog), cleaning and rearranging furniture for upcoming events. I removed the Halloween decorations and put up Thanksgiving and Christmas ones. It feels fuller now that I've put up a couple more tables. It was looking kinda empty since a lot of furniture is still in Kim's van, waiting for A Victorian Country Christmas show at the end of this month.
 
I hope your day is enjoyable, and that you're able to appreciate the many blessings in your life.
 
Stamps: Happy Hour;
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red pads;
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Summer Smooches dsp;
Accessories: Ruffled Lucky Limeade ribbon, rhinestones, Argyle Embossing Folder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Label Framelits, wide oval punch, dimensionals.

3 comments:

Tina said...

this is such a cute card, love the happy hour great colors...have a fab weekend

Kim said...

Cute card! Love the colors! Looks very summery in this rain.
hugs, kim

Audrey said...

I love this happy hour themed card! Super cute!! I just made a card with this set too. It so fun! Have a wonderful day! :)