My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gently Falling birthday card for Pink Paper Bakery challenge

 
I have a heckuva time feeding ribbon through button holes. And since I wanted Summer Starfruit ribbon to coordinate with the card, I decided just to cut it. Here's a close-up of it. I love the fraying ends. Oh, what a beautiful morning!
 
 
A dear friend of mine is celebrating her birthday today! Barb has become a great friend of mine over the past several months. She's strong, reliable, and very loving. She also happens to be in my downline, and is a very creative stamper! Barb loves Comfort Cafe dsp, so I thought I'd combine those colors - Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede and Summer Starfruit - for her card, using the sketch from Pink Paper Bakery.
 

Pink Paper Bakery is cooking up some fabulous challenges! This sketch challenge is good thru Oct. 27, so you have plenty of time to come up with something and add the link.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, Terry! I love your color choices. Like Barb, I love this DSP too! You had me laughing with your button threading story. I use a needle threader with my buttons, but I like the way yours turned out!

505whimsygirl said...

What a beautiful card!!! I use raffia when wrapping certain things and I always love shredding it!

Your button looks great!!

Hugs,
Kay

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful autumn card Terry! Such rich colors and with a sweet button.

Barb Archut said...

Thank you, sweet friend, for my beautiful birthday card. The birthday serenade was unforgettable as well :o)
Love you!

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Terry,
You inspired me to shred my stiched ribbon, too, and I loved it!
Thanks for sharing.
~ Megin of VMG206

Rhonda Langley said...

Good fall colors! Great layers! that button is the perfect embellishment!