My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, June 15, 2012

All kinds of new products used for this Make a Cake birthday card


This So Saffron card uses the new Make a Cake stamp set (free with Patio Party dsp and a digital content CD when you buy the Starter Kit for $99 plus tax this month), Bitty Banners sentiment, and Oval Accent clear die for the Big Shot. I designed this card for a 10-card class. I didn't notice till later that I'd cut the bottom part of my oval off! Oops. The cake was stamped in black ink, then I used a blender pen and Gumball Green pad to add color, along with a So Saffron marker for the top layer. The middle layer was stamped on Melon Mambo polka-dot dsp and cut out. And there's a mini silver brad in the little pinwheel.

My brother came over with his son for an surprise visit! They just left with my hubby to go to the range, and they leave tomorrow, so we're trying to make the most of it since we only see each other maybe once a year. I hope you have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend ahead!

No comments: