My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Stamp show photos & Monkey Challenge #109

What a long day! There was a lot of driving and lifting and setting up, but I think my Stampin' Up! booth looks fabulous. Look for a few photos at the bottom of this post. Because it's time for another A La Card Monkey Challenge #109: Pure Joy + Sketch.


My photo didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped and it's getting late, so this will have to do. I stamped the popsicle from Mouthwatering in Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Calypso Coral on coordinating designer series paper. I also used each of those colors in linen thread for the little bows at the left. Simple, but sweet, I think. And, at least for my kids, with the summer coming up and many popsicles in their future - Pure Joy!


How cute is that elephant? If that isn't joy, I'm not sure what is. So you've seen my card. Now it's your turn! It's a simple sketch - just three rectangles with a sentiment (and you can add whatever embellishments you like!).

Now I promised some photos of the booth Kim B. and I are sharing all weekend.


Pretty cool, huh? Our booth is just inside the front door! We have loads of stamp sets (wood and clear mount), jumbo wheels, and much more. Hopefully you can come down to the Puyallup Fairgrounds (Pavilion Building) to take it all in and buy a bunch of stuff!


Here are ribbons, fabric personal tissue holders, mini albums, paper purses and notecards, stitched felt, black jewels, and glitter. 


Here's a stamp lamp I made using a mason jar. It holds two full stamp sets and is an actual working lamp. I also made the Twitterpated fabric flower headbands, and some chalkboard tags. The Twitterpated-covered oatmeal container and the tags were ideas I gleaned from Pinterest. I store hair clips with fabric flowers inside the oatmeal container.


Kim B.'s green door looks great with four ribbon wreaths I made on it.


I've got cards to add tomorrow in the card racks. My van was so packed with furniture there wasn't room for the containers of cards. Kim's purses are clipped onto the chicken wire frames with clothespins, her small resin table covered with new catalogs next to her tall card rack.


I made four chicken wire frames (a few were hanging on the lattice screen), but most of the room is filled with stamps. We had stamps everywhere. They were in bins Kim brought that made it easy for everyone to flip through the sets to easily grab the ones they wanted.

Kim and I received so many compliments on the set-up because it was so different from every other booth.

The next event where I'll have a booth will be the last weekend in July at Kingston's Mike Wallace Park on the waterfront. It's the Kitsap Arts and Crafts Festival.

3 comments:

Tina said...

lovely card, and your booth is so beautiful...amazing goodies your displaying

Margaret Raburn said...

Cute card and what a wonderful booth! Looks like you had very talented helpers to help you set up and arrange things! I hope you had a good show!

Annie Lee said...

What a beautiful, artful, total eye candy of display! I love everything about it!