My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, March 2, 2012

Need for Speed for Monkey Challenge #98: Happiness!


This week's A La Card Monkey Challenge #98 is all about Happiness. So I thought I'd choose a stamp set that would make two of my nephews - who have birthdays this month - happy! That set is Need for Speed. I made one card using the ATV and a second with the racecar.


I love this sketch because it's nice and simple. It was easy to add texture with the Houndstooth embossing folder. I used a sponge dauber with Early Espresso ink to make the embossing stand out. I also used a sponge dauber to burnish color onto the vehicles. You can see the sketch below:


Stamps: Need for Speed, Birthday Wishes;
Ink: Early Espresso, Basic Black, Marina Mist;
Paper: Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Beau Chateau dsp;
Accessories: 1-1/4" Marina Mist striped grosgrain, jumbo brad, Houndstooth embossing folder, Big Shot, dimensionals, sponge dauber, largest circle punch.

2 comments:

Uta said...

Your card looks so amazing. Love them! I like the colors you used. It didn't have to be dark colors for boy cards. And I love how you colored the cars.

Hugs, Uta

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the color combo!! Great texture and coloring!!! Diane