My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, February 10, 2012

Everyday Enchantment dsp for L-O-V-E banner


I love the colors and patterns in the Everyday Enchantment dsp you can get for free when you order $50 (thru March 31) from the Sale-a-Bration Mini Catalog. I used Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Early Espresso and Calypso Coral.


I used the Big Shot and the Hearts Framelits to cut these two heart sizes. You can mix or match the double-sided patterned paper however you like. There are a lot of options!


To make the rosette, accordian-fold on the 1/4-inch score lines and adhere the ends together.


Just push down the center and stick it on your hot glued heart or Sticky Strip. Since I was prepping 10 banner kits, and each kit gets 4 rosettes, I scored 12" x 12" pieces of Everyday Enchantment dsp every quarter inch on the Simply Scored tool, then cut them into 1-1/4" strips. Again, you have a lot of choices for which pattern you want. Hot glue works the best to hold the rosettes together, as well as onto the layered hearts, and it's faster than using Sticky Strip.


I used the Full Heart punch for these hearts, and ran Very Vanilla card stock through the Big Shot with the Alphabet Simple Letters dies. The letters are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.


My downline, Michelle, actually had the idea of using these Blossom-punched flowers to hold the banner together. There's a solid flower and a patterned flower. Mix and match for the combo you like and add an Everyday Enchantment brad (another SAB freebie that also comes with two colors of ribbon!). I used a bone folder to curl up the petals.


There are a couple ways to connect the hearts together - with Pool Party ruffled ribbon - with bows at each end. Or hot-glue the blossoms onto the hearts to hold them together, and the ribbon is just at the ends. Either way is cute! I have my L-O-V-E banner hanging in the foyer area of my house. That sounds really elegant, but it's a small area with this washstand, lots of shoes and coats! lol

1 comment:

Margaret Raburn said...

Terry, your banner is beautiful!! I love the design and how you've put all the elements together!! Thanks for showing how you made it too!! Gorgeous!!