My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Faux Mother of Pearl Fun Flowers and New Postage Stamp Set & Punch


I've only taken photos of two swaps so far - Karen's above and mine below. Karen is in my downline. She used the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique on flowers from the Fun Flowers Die for her card. To do the technique, she started with Whisper White card stock and sponged on Shimmer Paint in Frost White. After that, she brayered on Classic Rose Red ink. The flowers look almost metallic!


My card is simple - the front was run through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I added a strip of Real Red patterned paper (from the Brights pad), with a Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border-punched piece of Old Olive behind it. The stamp is a new image from the Pretty Postage set in the upcoming Summer Mini Catalog. I used markers to ink the stamp, then punched it out with the Postage Stamp Punch, another Summer Mini item.

I'm hoping to have time today to take photos of the rest of our American Ink team swaps, so look for those later!

No comments: