My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Queen for a Day with lots of bling...


I had fun making this Queen for a Day card. That sentiment, by the way, comes from the You're a Gem stamp set in the Occasions Mini. I created the card for a color challenge of So Saffron, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler. I'm sure you can figure out most of the items on this card, such as the owl punch and Black Flourish Designer Jewels I used for the eyes. I did add rhinestones to the crown trinket, and used my craft & rubber scissors to snip off the loop at the top of the crown. The owl's "eyelashes" are parts of a decorative strip in the Spooky Night Rub-Ons. The designer paper is from the Playdate pack, and I used Tombow Liquid Adhesive and Champagne Glass Glitter around the sentiment.

6 comments:

Annie Lee said...

What a great card! Love the glass glitter. Love the owl's eyes! Ingenious!

Michelle said...

Adorable cad...the eyelashes are over the top. Great job.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love this card, that owl looks so cute as a queen. I hope this card is in the mail to me now... I love it that much!

Hugs
Shirley

Patti said...

Great card. The crown is a perfect fit for the owl. Love it.

Holly said...

How cute is that crown on the owl. Love it!! Great Colors for this challenge too! The glitter around the Queen sentiment is the perfect touch!

Leena Girsa said...

This is just too cute!! Now following your beautiful blog from SC #342...hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com