My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Forget counting candles - it's about how many cupcakes you get...


The inspiration for this card was a photo of chocolate cupcakes with pastel-colored flowers made of sugar. I used cupcakes with vanilla, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, and Early Espresso colors.

My card uses the Framed Tulips embossing folder on the Early Espresso card front (I used a sponge dauber to add some Very Vanilla craft ink on the design so it would stand out a bit more), and a Top Note cut from Nursery Suite dsp with a crochet trim knot on it. I used Create a Cupcake stamps for the words and the sprinkles, and Build-a-Cupcake Punch on textured Pink Pirouette card stock for the cupcake bottoms and flowers, as well as for the vanilla frosting. Those are all stuck on with dimensionals. The pearls and flowers are adhered with mini glue dots. It never fails that once I see the photo I took, I notice something like how the third flower isn't laying flat. I fixed it on the card, but was too lazy to go back upstairs, set up my photo box to take another photo, and upload it!

1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

And again.. you make the most fab card for the Mashup!! Love it!!

Hugs
Shirley Sweety