My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, January 17, 2011

Petal Cone with Sweet Stitches fabric brads...


I learned a couple of things when I used the Petal Cone die for the Big Shot - 1) you need to run two pieces of card stock through the die, one at a time, so you get the nice score lines with the crease pad on top instead of a cutting pad; and 2) creating a petal cone project for a class is a lot of work!

I cut the Sweet Stitches designer paper down to smaller rectangles so I could get the most possible out of each 12" x 12" sheet. It takes four scalloped pieces for each cone if you put it together like I did before.

What's really cool? The fact that the new Sweet Stitches fabric designer brads match the dsp! I took a closer photo to show that below. The white strip is also on the die. I sponged around it with Melon Mambo (same color as the petal cone) and stamped a phrase from Teeny, Tiny Wishes on it. The last step was adding the 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon for a handle. Hope you like it!


1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.