My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jolly Old Saint Nick loves his snowflakes...


I made this card for a theme challenge of Snowflakes. I stamped them on the Crumb Cake card front, and embossed them on the Marina Mist layer. They take the backdrop to Jolly Old Saint Nick, though. I feel as though my time to use Christmas stamps is winding down (crazy, I know, since I've been stamping Christmas cards since August), and I wanted to use this Santa at least one more time before shelving him. For those of us who love visual aids, here's a close-up of the button with clear tinsel through it and the wavy banner sentiment:


And here's one more close-up of the card, showing the Vanilla Smooch Spritz on the snowflake-embossed Marina Mist layer with a rhinestone:


I used a sketch provided by Mary Jo at Technostamper.

 

Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick, Serene Snowflakes;
Ink:  Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Real Red, Blush Blossom marker;
Paper: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Whisper White;
Accessories: Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Basic Rhinestones, sponge dauber, dimensionals, Deck the Halls designer buttons, clear tinsel, 5/8" Marina Mist satin ribbon, corner rounder punch, Northern Flurry embossing folder.

3 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

wow that is cute! I love it!

MJ said...

Very cool, So shimmery, I really love the addition of tinsel and sentiment banner. Fabulous job. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

congrats on being the Winner .. go girl!!