My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jolly Old Saint Nick embossed penny spinner card...


Penny spinner cards are a favorite of mine. I borrowed this idea from Patti, changing it up a bit. It uses the snowman from Jolly Old Saint Nick, stamped in Basic Black and punched out with the 1-3/4" circle punch. It's layered on a Brushed Silver scallop circle and colored with Sahara Sand and Marina Mist markers. The sentiment is from the Just Believe stamp set.

To make the spinning mechanism: stick one dimensional in the middle of the back of the scallop circle, then a penny. Add two dimensionals stuck to each other to that penny and add another penny. That's it! I made the "track" with the Word Window Punch. You want one penny inside the track - insert the bottom first through the track, then "pop" the top through. Roll the scallop circle back and forth over the track to get it spinning freely.

I embossed a 5-1/4" x 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White with the Northern Flurry embossing folder, adding basic rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes. This was one of the cards made by my clubs this month.

Now my family and I are off to shop for holiday food baskets for our community at the grocery store down the hill. I love involving my kids so they appreciate what they have! Blessings to you and your family.

No comments: