My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tiny Tags & I (Heart) Hearts card...

I love the collage look of this card.

The body is Kraft card stock that's been stamped all over with the Vintage Vogue stamp set, some of the images stamped off.

The Real Red layer features the Faux Suede technique (basically curl the card stock with your bone folder as you would scissors with curling ribbon. The card stock will separate into two layers, with the insides feeling like suede.)

For the flower, I used two strips of 1" Real Red card stock, each punched with the Eyelet Border Punch, then sponged with Chocolate Chip ink and run through the paper crimper a few times (you can run both strips through the crimper at the same time)., then I tore it a bit to make it look distressed.

I put down some SNAIL adhesive on the Real Red layer where I wanted the flower, and started from the outside, winding the paper in a circle. The crimping helps break down the paper fibers so they give easier. A jumbo Chocolate Chip brad was adhered to the center with dimensionals.

The heart is from I (Heart) Hearts. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink on Kraft paper and hand cut it out, sponging the edges before adding a red rhinestone brad. It's adhered onto the card front with dimensionals.

I used Kraft taffeta ribbon for the knot, and used the Tiny Tags stamp set with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch for the tag, adding it to the ribbon with linen thread.

Kimberly at Stampin' By The Sea inspired this card with a box of hers.

No comments: