My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, February 12, 2010

A ribbon flower Messages for Mom...

I had a request from one of my best customers for a flower made from ribbon. I borrowed this idea from the Occasions Mini, page 29.

There are such nice sayings in the Messages for Mom stamp set, along with MOM and a lovely spray of flowers I used on the envelope.

This card is Whisper White with Sending Love specialy paper, Soft Suede card stock and a knot of Real Red satin ribbon (so soft and beautiful!).

I started with 6 inches of Soft Suede polka-dotted ribbon, because it took me awhile to find the "right" thread with a paper piercer. This thread will gather the ribbon. Pull a thread from each end (you really only need about 4 inches of ribbon) and you'll get a flower when you join the ends. The Real Red corduroy brad and Eyelet Border Punch used near the bottom of the card add great texture.

No comments: