My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sparkly & Bright shaker card...

I hosted my annual Christmas Spectacular today. The star of the event was the Sparkly & Bright stamp set. All five projects used stamps from that set.

Here's the first card. It's a shaker card using a Sweet Treat Cup and coarse white glitter.

The card is Bermuda Bay, with a knot of polka-dotted ribbon. I added a quarter sheet of snowflake vellum (available in the Holiday Mini Catalog), using two mini glue dots under two snowflakes and hidden by the ribbon.

I punched the 1-3/4" circle first in the window sheet, then stamped the sentiment in Basic Black on Soft Suede card stock, positioning that piece in the center of the window.

I used Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede markers to ink up the tree image, which was then adhered through the window to the Soft Suede layer.

To finish the card, I added coarse glitter to the cup, removed the adhesive around the rim and placed it on the Soft Suede layer. I love those Sweet Treat Cups!!!

No comments: