My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holy Family & Spotlighting with a Punch Technique...

I used one of my favorite techniques with this Christmas card - Spotlighting with a Punch. It's quick, easy, and makes short work of coloring a detailed image since you're only focusing on a small part of it.

First, I stamped the Holy Family image from the Holiday Mini on Confetti Cream card stock in Basic Brown ink, then again on a scrap piece of paper. I used the 1-1/4" circle punch on the image, then the 1-3/8" circle punch on a scrap of Rich Razzleberry card stock that layers perfectly behind it.

The "spotlighted" image was then colored with watercolor crayons and an aqua painter.

I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the top corners only, adding Vintage Brads.

Before adhering the top layers onto the Rich Razzleberry card, I ran the card through the Big Shot with a texturz plate, then sanded it so the image would be more pronounced.

I finished the card with some elastic gold cord knotted at the top.

No comments: