My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, August 7, 2009

Having fun with Decor Elements...

If you haven't played with Decor Elements yet, you're missing out!

My 8-year-old daughter easily applied two sets of Rose Red Upsy Daisies on the side of my studio refrigerator.

I've had the Create Definition on this So Saffron wall for more than a year. But just recently added the Chocolate Chip butterflies, called Flutter. They were easy! One point, though - the butterflies don't come in the formation shown in the brochure. You need to put them on that way. I stuck on one butterfly at a time, and saved an inexpensive brown Wal-Mart frame (removing the white mat and glass first) to frame the largest butterfly for a 3d effect.

My tip for adhering the vinyl rub-ons: refrigerate them first.

I love the way this wall looks now. It's really striking when you walk into the studio, and is the first thing you see. The butterflies fly from the flowers on the fridge, over the Create Definition, to the bathroom.

There's even a butterfly that made it onto the neighboring wall where a plaque hangs (bottom photo).












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Terry. What a great idea extending the Decor Elements beyond the wall. Love it!