My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Faux tearing technique with Simple Friendship...

I used the Faux Tearing Technique and Bashful Blue ink on this Simple Friendship card.
I used a piece of copy paper that I ripped in half to cover the top part of the card, then used a brayer in Bashful Blue ink to color the bottom part.
Keeping the torn paper in place, I then stamped the stem and flower images from the stamp set all over the bottom part of the card.
I removed the torn piece and stamped the outlined flowers above the "tear." Then stamped the "Friend" medallion and punched it out with a 1-3/4" circle punch, adhering it to the card with dimensionals after adding a small clip with some Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon.
The final touch was stamping and cutting out the butterfly. It's adhered with dimensionals as well.

1 comment:

hollybeary creations said...

I like this, very pretty with the tone on tone..