My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, August 14, 2009

Chalkboard Technique and From The Crypt...

This fun Old Olive card uses the new stamp set From The Crypt and the Chalkboard Technique.

Chalkboard Technique is this: Stamp the skull image in Whisper White Craft ink on Basic Black card stock and, using sponge daubers, dab on Stampin' Pastels. It's that easy.

For this image, I used Perfect Plum, Summer Sun, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie pastels for the image. I wanted the skull's eyes to glow.

The black and Pumpkin Pie layers were both distressed with the Cutter Kit, then adhered over the Cast-a-Spell designer paper.

The spider is from the same stamp set. It's adhered to the card with dimensionals. And the "happy halloween" is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

1 comment:

Donna Schafer said...

Very cool! I've been searching for an idea for this set, and I need look no further! Thanks for sharing.