My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Heritage Holiday spinner box...

Have I said how much I love the 1 3/4" circle punch? I'm using it for everything these days, including making this "window" for spinning bells.

With the window in place, I stamped the bells image twice, colored them in and punched them out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, then layered each of them on 1 3/8" Old Olive circles.

To make the images spin, I put adhesive on the back of one Old Olive circle to hold a 3" piece of linen thread in place, then put the back of the other Old Olive piece against it. The top of the linen thread is adhered to the top inside of the box above the circle, and the bottom is straight down from that. I used the little piece of designer paper I had leftover from wrapping the box to cover the thread and adhesive inside the box.

When the images spin, you see the same thing on both sides.

Strips of Ski Slope designer paper wrap all the way around the top and bottom of this box. The "warm wishes" was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and sponged around the edges with Old Olive, then punched out with the large oval punch.

The tag punches made the tag, then I pierced a hole through the tags and box for a gold brad to hold everything in place.

For the double-stitched chocolate ribbon handle, I folded up each end and pushed a red rhinestone brad through, then into the box itself.

This is the foo-foo for today's Christmas Spectacular. I'll have more to post later with the same stamp set. Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: