My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Owl Together Now diorama card...

Diorama cards are great fun to make with punches and your favorite stamp set.

This one uses Creamy Caramel card stock (2 pieces that are 3" x 8 1/2" and scored 2 inches from each end), and Sage Shadow card stock (1 piece that's 3" x 6 /2" and scored 1" from each end). I shoved the 1 3/8" circle punch as far as it would go from the bottom and lined up the outside of the punch with the folded lines, punching holes. Then I lined up the circle punch in the middle (eyeballing it) and punched a third time. Do that on one of the Creamy Caramel layers, and the Sage Shadow layer.

I used classic Chocolate Chip ink for the leaves and hearts. The owls were stamped in Basic Brown and colored with a Brocade Blue marker and a blender pen and Tangerine Tango ink pad. They're cut out and stuck on with dimensionals.

On the Sage Shadow layer, I stamped the flower numerous times in Sage Shadow at the bottom and dotted the centers of each flower with the Uni-bal white gel pen. I then stamped the flying owl a few times at the top of that layer.

The back layer is the easiest. I stamped the entire branch and stuck on a cut out owl, then stamped hearts around its head.

This card collapses flat and fits into a 3" x 6" small open-end envelope. Give it a try!

No comments: