My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wonderful You...

This card idea came directly from our Stampin' Up! magazine for demonstrators, Stampin' Success. I did change it up a bit - I used the Word Window punch for the greeting, and used the Faux Suede technique for the strip of Chocolate Chip card stock that is wheeled with Stems & Silhouettes.

Also, instead of using a technique called Ghosting, I changed it to a simple VersaMark resist card since I'm doing it for a club Saturday morning. I just stamped the leaves and outline in VersaMark on glossy card stock and brayered over it with Classic Old Olive ink.

The Faux Suede technique uses the card stock placed between your thumb and a bone folder. You pull the strip down between the two, turning it to cover the entire strip... soon enough the card stock will split into two pieces. When you pull them apart, you have what looks and feels like suede inside. Cool, huh?

The card is finished with some Chocolate taffeta ribbon and piercing at the bottom.

No comments: